Monday, October 8, 2012

Peppers, Onions & Herbs

 Garden Update:

Mike got mono in August and the garden suffered some.  He hadn't been out in a few weeks and when he does, he find an enormous amount of purple and green bell peppers.  He cut them up and we froze them all.  The onions shown below have been harvested for some time now and Mike has been caring for them but we noticed that some were getting bad so we decided to cut them up and freeze them too.  We just got a deep freezer this summer and it's wonderful! So many things from the garden will be there all winter long.

My herb garden went a bit crazy too.  I harvested Rosemary, Sage and Lemon Balm this weekend and now they are hanging up drying.  The office is full of fragrance, which isn't so bad.  I would say that my first attempt of gardening went off fine.  You get what you put into it.  I'm sure I'll be more active next year since I'll actually be living there.

Purple & Green Bell Peppers

Cut and Ready for the Freezer
Onion Harvest

Ready for cutting

Sliced

and Diced


Harvested Rosemary, Sage and Lemon Balm


No comments:

Post a Comment