Friday, October 19, 2012

Apple Cranberry Jam

My second attempt to make jam.  Early this summer my friend Amy and I made Strawberry Rhubarb and it was delicious. Only bad thing was that the recipe only made 4 half pints.  Mike & I brought home apples from his parents tree and had to do something with them.  My dad and I made an attempt to make Apple Cranberry Jam and it was fabulous.  It yielded 11 half pints which will make it perfect Christmas gifts.  There was a bit of leftovers so we toasted up some bread and ate it while it was still warm!!!  I got the recipe from the book Food in Jars http://www.foodinjars.com/the-cookbook/ , which was a birthday gift from the McG's.  Amy swears by this ladies canning techniques and food combination.  I think I'll enjoy the book!  I also made some Rosemary Salt as a rub on meat.  Tried it on chicken and it was very salty, will have to watch how much I actually use.  Below are pictures of the Apple Cranberry Jam Making!
Add caption

My Dad's Madonna Pose


No comments:

Post a Comment