Friday, October 19, 2012

Home Preparation

Hello Fall!  I love this time of year, even the cold and rainy days.  1 1/2 months then Mike & I will be Married!!!  Definitely looking forward to moving in and making a home with Mike.  His house is in great need of a crafty woman's touch.  I have been doing google searches and Pinterest scrolling and have found many great ideas for home efficiencies, office and closet organization, sewing room ideas, recipes, natural cleaning tips and a whole lot more.  I'm lucky to say that I just get to move in.  I don't have the headache of buying a home since Mike has already done that hard part six years ago. 
 
This week we have painted the remainder of the rooms upstairs.  I like to go in there and just imagine how things will be when everything is in it's place.  This may take a few more months of getting the home how we like it.  Pictures will come soon!

My herb garden keeps growing despite the chilly temperatures.  I clipped a few Rosemary leaves and placed them in water this week just to see what it would be like.  I let it sit there overnight in the fridge and it's quite a refreshing flavored water.  I made more last night. I want to try some lavender for the next batch.

I also altered an apple crisp recipe to accommodate for Mike's gluten free intolerance and it turned out to be delicious.  I just substituted coconut flour instead of regular all purpose flour.  The gluten free flour doesn't get as crispy on top but it's still delicious.   


Rosemary Water
Gluten Free Apple Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment