Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Goals

My goal is to do more mountain biking and quilting this year.  I want this blog to be where I post these adventures.  Since it's winter and I got a new sewing machine, Pfaff Ambition 1.0, I've been focusing on quilting and learning the new things with my machine.  My old machine really wasn't meant for quilting and now I've escaped beginner quilt land and am exploring this new world.

My biking this winter has primarily been on the trainer indoors which I am hoping will help with my endurance when I can get the bike on the trails this Spring.  I want to do two races this year.  I have only done 1 mountain bike race in Palos Park, Chicago back in 2007.  But I've been wanting to race on my home trails for years.  So, this is the year.  May 20th & September 23rd are the dates.  I expressed my desire to race this year to a friend and she offered to ride with me which gives me some relief.  She is part of the Mountain Bike Patrol so it will feel like just a ride.  Which is cool and will give me the confidence that I need.  I always chicken out.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures this year...biking and quilting. Don't forget to share pics!

    ReplyDelete