Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Two Skirts & Travel Towel

I have finally figured out how to upload photos since I reset my password.  I guess it was more like actually taking the time to figure it out.  Now that it is fixed...I give you photos.

I finished my Christmas Tree Skirt.  I was hoping to have it done for our first married Christmas, but let's face...the last few months have flown by.  So, we are ready for 2013 and many more Christmas' to come.  The hardest part was cutting a finished quilted piece, but I had too, or else it wasn't fitting around that tree.  I got the idea and step by step instructions from one of my favorite websites, The Missouri Star Quilt Company.  Here's the tutorial: http://quiltingtutorials.com/all/quilt-adorable-christmas-tree-skirt/

I also made another skirt, this one to wear.   It is my first attempt in making clothing.  I started with a very simple idea.  Here's that tutorial. http://vimeo.com/26612612   I don't know where I would be without all these wonderful tutorials.  Here's a horrible, fuzzy photo with me having crazy eyes.
I had a super awesome sew day with my friend Stephanie last weekend and I made this skirt.  She was very helpful since I had no previous knowledge of making clothes.  I also made another pattern and skirt out of muslin.  I got this skirt idea from Pinterest.  Here's the link. http://www.oneaviandaemon.com/?p=328
Since I had to make the pattern from her instructions, I made it out of muslin to save on wasting my cute fabric. This second skirt will be my first attempt of ever sewing in a zipper.  It's kinda scary.

My last creation to share today is simply a hand towel with a few straight lines to form pockets to carry toothbrushes & toothpaste.  Don't you hate getting hair in your tooth brush?  Or have everything else in your toiletry bag get wet?  Do you and your husband have different toothpastes? Well, just use the towel and throw it in the wash when you get home.  I got the idea off Pinterest but the link was to a girls Etsy shop.  I figured I could do it on my own. 




1 comment:

  1. That is so cool!! I love your clothing skirt... wanna make me one?? :-) I'll give you some money and we can pick out the fabric!

    ReplyDelete