Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Fresh 20

I'm in love with The Fresh 20 and I have to spread the word!  http://www.thefresh20.com/

I've been married three months now and already hate that daily dreaded question....What's for Dinner?  How many of us spend hours looking through cookbooks and pinterest to gather ideas for weekly menu planning?  How many of us don't meal plan then end up eating out more than you want?  And how many of us are really eating enough fruit & veggies? The Fresh 20 is the answer to all my meal planning worries.

Every Friday a meal plan is posted on the Fresh 20 website.  I signed up for the Gluten Free Menu Plan.  They also have options of Classic Menu or Vegetarian/Vegan to choose from too.  Your annual subscription includes a shopping list of 20 Fresh Food Items, Preparation Guide, Recipes for 5 weeknight dinners and nutritional values of each meal.  The annual subscription is the equivalent to one dinner for two people at a nice restaurant.  Read more on how it works. http://www.thefresh20.com/how-it-works/

Initially, there is the added expense of stocking your pantry with 20 recommended items to have at all times.  For this week, I found everything at Wal-Mart except one item. I’ll be making one extra stop for fresh shrimp for tonight’s dinner.  (Some things should not be bought at Wal-Mart and Shrimp is one of them.) Shopping took about 1½ hours on Saturday.  On Sunday, I prepped for three hours by roasting 2 whole chickens and slicing it up for several meals this week, chopping veggies and making an enchilada sauce.  Last night was my first meal and it only took 20 minutes to warm the chicken up and to cook veggies.  The point of it all is to spend your time in the kitchen over the weekend and that saves valuable time during your hectic work week.

My First Experience of Roasting Whole Chickens.  YUMMM!

Thanks to the blog of Gluten Free Girl and the Chef http://glutenfreegirl.com/  for sharing this resource!  I think I’m going to like this alot!

No comments:

Post a Comment