Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Gardening, Quilting & Biking!


Garden is in!  Onions, Spinach, a few varieties of lettuce, carrots, potatoes, radishes, turnips, watermelon, cantaloupe, rhubarb, asparagus, swiss chard, chamomile, rosemary, sage, lemon balm, oregano, lavender...and I may be missing a few.  Our early crop of Asparagus & Rhubarb are tasting excellent!  Looking forward to fresh veggies this year!  I think if my husband didn't work, he would expand the garden to the entire back and front yard! 



Quilting.  The Black & White (and now yellow) is progressing nicely...just slow since it's a group effort with my sister Mo and finding time to be together is more difficult now that she's about to have a baby boy!  We have 9 more black & white squares to border in yellow.  Then we will have all 48 blocks to sew together onto another grid then the border!  Can't wait to see it all together!  I have some other projects that I have been itchy to do, but I am doing the best not to start another project before this one is completed.
Biking.  Mountain Bike Season is Here!! (and road biking too) With the rain and storms last month, it left our home trails with alot of trailwork.  Many volunteer hours were spent putting bridges back into place, adding on to some bridges and cutting deadfall.  All the work was completed just before the Black Partridge Race which was this past Sunday.  I raced Women's Sport 30+ and got third place.  I had one hard crash that has my left shoulder really sore but thankful of not breaking any bones.  I hope it clears up before our Memorial Weekend plans to ride Levis Trow Mounds in Wisconsin.  I did cross over to the dark side and now have a road bike.  It's a bit of a necessary evil in mountain biking.  I've enjoyed going on long rides and just get miles in which is helping with my endurance in the longer MTB races.


2 comments:

  1. If you have an abundance of rhubarb, I'd be happy to buy some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just planted a rhubarb plant this year - can't wait til we have as much as you~! and the quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete