Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yes, I do quilt

You may be wondering if I actually do quilt with all the gardening and biking posts lately.  Yes, I do, it's just not what I'm excited about right now.  Plus the weather has been too nice to be stuck behind a sewing machine.

These blocks are part of a quilt my sister Mo and I are doing together.  It's a black and white Buck-A-Block from our local quilt store Peddler's Way Quilt Company.  It started in August 2011, and every month you go in and pay $1 for the fabric for 2 blocks and the pattern.  Every month you have to show that you have completed your blocks in order to pay the $1 for the next month, if you don't have it completed or if you don't go in there on the designated week then it's $3 per packet.  At the end of the year you will have the top of a twin size quilt.  We are each doing one, so that's 4 blocks a month and it will be put together to make a Queen size quilt when done.  We bought the border kit which is yellows, black and white.  Can't wait to see this one come together.  8 months down and 4 more to go!  We are making this for a special person in our lives and can't wait to give it to them.  I know they will love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment