Monday, April 2, 2012

Biking = 2, Quilting = 0

Biking won out this beautiful weekend.  I thought about finishing up some binding on some table runners but biking was triumphant over quilting.

I enjoyed 2 awesome rides this weekend.  Rode Farmdale with Kim Toohill and Lora Clark on Saturday morning.  It was 45 degrees driving to the trailhead at 9am.  I rode with long sleeves and long tights.  It was a bit chilly but overall awesome ride.  I did 10 miles of singletrack and the trail conditions were perfect. I hadn't ridden out at Farmdale since the Halloween night ride 2011.  Farmdale trails are the closest to my home but I haven't been riding them lately since Black Partridge is in Mike's backyard and we typically ride together.  He was riding the trail in Syllamo Arkansas this weekend so I did my part to branch out and do some group rides.

Here's Kim and I at Farmdale Trailhead.

















Then it rained down hard on Saturday night.  On Sunday, we delayed our ride at Wildlife Prairie State Park for an extra hour to give the trails more time to dry.  We met at 2pm and rode 10 miles around the park and made two loops of the North Trails.  I rode with Jon, Rich & Kim.  It was HOT!  I made it without getting heat stroke, but I had to drench my head with water every 15 minutes to survive.  I have this problem of overheating.  My face gets super bright red and my head gets so hot.  I can't sweat, so I have to dump water on my head before and throughout the ride on hot days.  It's what I do for doing the thing that I love!

Here I am at Wildlife's Trailhead & Kim and I on the trail.






















 The bluebells were in full bloom and gorgeous!  Seeing the wildflowers was the highlight of my ride!  They were beautiful.  Here's some pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment