Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New Bike & Lyme Disease all in one weekend!

Hello New Bike!!!!  I've been given a beautiful gift, a 29 Specialized Epic and it's awesome!  I ride and climb with more confidence and the 29 wheels just roll sweetly right over roots.  My fiance is the best!  This will be my birthday, Christmas and wedding gift...but I get to use it now.  And, it's already back in the shop to fix a broken rear derailer, which I didn't break.  Promise. 





The same weekend the new bike came, I found a tick bite on my leg and it was a classic bullseye mark which meant that tick gave me the gift of Lyme Disease.  Not cool.  What am I going to do?  Stop biking?  I don't think so.  So Mike and I got to the doctor and I started taking Doxycycine a week ago yesterday.  Side effects nausea and vomiting which I experienced so I will not be taking this drug on an empty stomach.  Good news, I took care of it before it systemically became a huge problem.  Bad news, one month of these stomach twisting pills.  I'll take the pills.  Mike made me watch "Under our Skin", a documentary on chronic Lyme Disease.  Pretty fascinating and a bit scary.  People have serious illness linked to Lyme Disease. 


No comments:

Post a Comment